National Registry Certified Medical Examiner (NRCME) Training Course
“This ME training course conforms to FMCSA’s training curriculum modules and topics on regulations and guidelines for conducting CMV driver medical examinations. FMSCA regulations and guidelines are reviewed regularly and the training is updated as required. This course was last updated on May 20, 2017”
Presenter: Susan Matthews, Ph.D., APRN, FAANP
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the background, rationale, mission and goals of the FMCSA medical examiner’s role in reducing crashes, injuries and fatalities involving commercial motor vehicle drivers/operators.
2. Describe the responsibilities and work environment of commercial motor vehicle (CMV) operations.
3. Describe methods of driver identification. (Obtaining, reviewing and documenting the driver medical history).
4. Perform, review and document the driver’s medical examination.
5. Perform, obtain and document diagnostic testing required for the driver’s medical examination.
6. Inform and educate the driver about medication concerns and the non-disqualifying medical conditions that will require remedial care.
7. Determine driver certification outcome(s).
8. Explain the FMCSA reporting and documentation requirements.
Nurse Practitioners, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Chiropractors, any qualified medical provider who will be performing DOT medical examinations.
AANP Provider Number: 130323
Medical Resources Management Systems, LLC is approved as a provider of nurse practitioner continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners: AANP Provider Number 130323. This program has been approved for 12.0 contact hours of continuing education (which includes 0 hours of pharmacology).